Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Amazed by You!!

Happy Valentine's Day to my sweetheart!!

There is no question that I am absolutely spoiled rotten! Every day he shows me how someone is supposed to be loved. He treats me the way God see's me, and he helps me to see my own potential. I am so grateful to Ryan for taking a chance on the immature, a little bratty, extremely emotional young lady. He has helped me become who I am today. 

A long way to go but look how far we have come!!

This is a picture of our wedding day, February 5, 2000 at the Mount Timpanogos Temple, American Fork, Utah.

So, now I have to brag on him a little more!! 

Fast forward to February 5, 2019


Here we are, 19 years to the day later! Same temple, same spot, same two hearts that have grown a lot larger and fonder for one another and for God.

For our anniversary Ryan asked me to dress in church clothes; he was taking me to the temple. A few days prior he said he was taking me "overnight to the city for our anniversary". So I packed a bag, put on a dress and out the door we went. About 45 minutes from the house I said "oh no, I don't think I brought my wallet and my temple recommend is in there" He responded with "uhhh, you are going to need your wallet...for more than one reason.

Well, he took me to "the city" (Kansas City, Missouri) where we promptly got on a plane...definitely needed my wallet (During the flight he showed me a 1 1/2 hour slide show; pictures of our lives together with our children. He is so the BEST!) and flew to "the city" (Salt Lake City, Utah) and then drove to our temple!! 

He took me back to the place where we were sealed for time and all eternity on our anniversary even though it is states away!! 

SPOILED!?!?! YES!!

Ryan had printed names from Family Search to take with us to the temple so that we could do family sealings. This allows other families to be eternal. And we did it in the same place that we started our eternal family 19 years previous, almost to the hour!!

After the temple we headed to my mom and dad's bridal shop, Veronica Michaels Bridal, to say hello to them! Good thing, if mom found out we were in Utah, albeit 36 hours, and didn't stop to say hello...TROUBLE!

After visiting with my parents for a bit we headed back to SLC to our hotel, Anniversary Inn. For years (as long as I can remember) I have dreamed about staying in this cute BnB. It is so romantic and each room is themed, LOVE!! We checked in and then headed to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I got my mainstay.. Thai Lettuce Wraps--oh they make me so happy! YUM! We also enjoyed bread with vinegar and oil (my favorite) and then of course a piece of cheescake. Mango something or other. It was so good!

The night does not end there, no it does not! WICKED!! Yes, he took me to see WICKED. This is the second time on our anniversary that he has brought me to WICKED. He could repeat it every year and I would never, ever complain. I absolutely love this show!

As we were moving about downtown between dinner and show, etc. the snow was falling so gently. Beautiful, like out of a movie, or fairy tale. My own fairy tale! 

We awoke the next morning to over a foot of the white powdery stuff. It was incredibly beautiful but the roads were terrible! He then surprised me with a little time with my bestie, Cindy  Lou Who. We got pedicures and ate at Cafe Rio. I absolutely LOVE Cafe Rio and we do not have ONE in Missouri! Then he picked me back up and whisked me away to some shopping before heading back to the airport. It was an absolutely beautiful way to spend our anniversary. 

When we were dating Ryan sent me a CD of Lonestar with our song "Amazed". I was shocked and totally enamored. He did not listen to or like country music, but for me, he made it ours!

Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby, when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away
I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams
I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you
The smell of your skin
The taste of your kiss
The way you whisper in the dark
Your hair all around me
Baby, you surround me
Touch every place in my heart
And it feels like the first time every time
I want to spend the whole night in your eyes
I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you
Every little thing that you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do, oh
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you
Want to hear the song? Follow this youTube link to their official music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-skFgrV59A


Ryan I love you so very much! Thank you for choosing me to be the Queen in your kingdom and treating me as such. I love you, my King!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment